CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Its only Wednesday

Well its Wednesday evening, am having dinner while writing this post.........and dealing with cats & kittens who act like they're  starving. I've been working hard at Schlotzsky's (not!!!) making their fameous "Originals" among other sandwiches there.....today I was like 10 minutes late to work..............(thinking I was in at noon instead of 11a). Thank the Goddess I was only like 2 minutes away, I was in BIG LOTS which is like not even 30 seconds  away when my boss called me....oh well.

Last Friday, I signed up to be a PAMPERED CHEF consultant. My first "Pampered Chef Party/Grand Opening" is this Friday evening at my place with a few friends and of course Phil (my roomie). To include Phil, I have 3 possibly 4 others coming over for it, for a total of like 5 people, 6 if one includes my P/C sponsor. What makes this funny, my house isn't even decorated for Halloween/Samhain yet......which it should be completed by then  hopefully, if I get up off my dead lazy ass...........


A couple of weeks ago I made the following recipe for myself and Phil for dinner. Phil actually liked it even if he doesn't like goat cheese. Well I better get back to dinner before the cats realize I have been ignoring my bugger and start their own war. Enjoy the recipe......


by Deborah Bernstein: Warwick, New York
Yield: Serves 4
ingredients
Chicken
4 boneless chicken breast halves, skinned

1/2 cup fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet) (about 4 ounces)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 basil leaves, shredded or 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground pepper

1 egg, beaten to blend
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs

2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter melted

Mushroom-Wine Sauce
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt broth
4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter (1/2 stick), cut into 4 pieces
Salt and pepper
preparation
For chicken:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch using meat mallet. Pat chicken dry. Combine cheese, green onions and basil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread cheese mixture lengthwise over half of each chicken piece. Tuck short ends in. Roll chicken up, starting at one long side, into tight cylinders. Tie ends with string to secure. Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip into bowl. Roll in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Refrigerate.)
Place chicken in 8-inch square baking dish. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter over. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.

For sauce:
Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add wine and boil 3 minutes. Add stock and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in 4 tablespoons cold butter 1 piece at a time. Season sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove string from chicken. Cut rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Fan on plates. Serve immediately, passing sauce separately.


0 comments: